The Leadership Rochester Signature Program is dedicated to creating a legacy of leaders to grow and positively impact the greater Rochester region. We go above and beyond personal leadership development with a thoughtfully curated curriculum that delves into the core issues affecting our community.
Each year, after an extensive application and interview process, we invite approximately 40-45 people to participate in our tuition-based, signature program. The classes represent a diverse cross-section of our community, both personally and professionally, all of which are driven to create meaningful change.
The Leadership Rochester Experience
Every month the group gathers for an immersive experience on topical community issues ranging from education, economic development, diversity and equity to health care and the justice system. Hands-on activities change monthly, as does the roster of relevant community leaders that offer their insights on a 360-degree view of the topic at hand.
Participants also engage in additional experiences that enhance the overall impact of the program. These include such things as court visits, meetings with local officials, class team meetings, class service events and projects, community networking events, etc.
Traditionally our yearly cohorts gather from September – June. However, due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, large gatherings may not be possible this fall. As such, we have pushed back the start of our program to January and it will now run through October 2021. As the situation is constantly evolving, the following dates are tentatively scheduled.
2021 Program Dates
- January 7-8, 2021
- February 5, 2021
- March 12, 2021
- April 16, 2021
- May 14, 2021
- June 11, 2021
- July 16, 2021
- August 20, 2021 *
- September 10, 2021
- October 1, 2021
* denotes team project day
The Benefits of Leadership Rochester
- To engage and cultivate civic leadership in those who represent a cross-section of business, non-profit, education, and government organizations
- To develop a better understanding of what it means to be a community leader
- To develop a deeper understanding of economic and social challenges in the community
- To learn about assets and resources strengthening the community
- To create an environment where class members forge a strong bond and learn to approach challenges creatively using their collective talents and experiences
- Strengthens the organization’s connection and participation in community affairs
- Develops employees with increased organizational, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Gives companies new access to a network of community leaders and resources
- Increases name recognition for the sponsoring employer organization
- Gives companies new insights into the challenges and opportunities facing the greater Rochester region and offers insight on how businesses can help strengthen our community
- Develops a committed, knowledgeable group of people prepared to be effective community leaders
- Results in expanded community involvement by the participants
- Instills a greater appreciation for the current challenges and strengths of the community
- Encourages creative partnerships and initiatives between public & private sectors
Apply or Nominate a Candidate
| Apply for our Signature Program:|
Interested in joining? Click below to submit an online application today. Or download a printable version here.
| Submit a Nomination:|
Know someone who would be an asset to our program? Email us your nomination. Include the person’s name, email, and reasons you feel they should be part of the LR2021 program.
Deadlines for application submissions are:
- Phase 1 Priority Deadline: July 31.
- Phase 2 Rolling Admission: Aug 1 – September 30.
For a complete, detailed look at our signature program, download the program guide.