The LR Experience
The Leadership Rochester Signature Program is dedicated to creating a legacy of leaders to strengthen our Greater Rochester Region. We go above and beyond standard leadership training. LR leaders deliver a broad experiential curriculum that enables professionals to deepen their understanding about our community systems including the business, nonprofit, government, and community systems. Participants explore the business sector, healthcare sector, education, neighborhood development, community groups, human services, and government systems . The program makes Rochester and Monroe County the classroom by meeting at different venues across Greater Rochester and hearing directly from the foremost leaders and experts in each field.
Who we’re looking for…
- Outstanding managers, and senior leadership professionals, particularly those with an outward facing responsibilities with the community.
- Emerging professional leaders who have been identified as being on a path toward senior leadership potential in their community or organizations.
- Professionals engaged in the community or active in volunteer service, especially at the board level.
- Leaders new to the area looking for a better understanding of the greater Rochester community, its history and current community climate.
- Individuals with a desire to facilitate positive change and make a greater impact on the community through their work or personal action.
- Diverse candidates across all sectors of private, public, and government sector employment are strongly encouraged.
November 11-12, 2021
December 10, 2021
January 14, 2022
February 11, 2022
March 11, 2022
April 1, 2022
May 13, 2022
June 2-3, 2022
- To engage and cultivate civic leadership in those who represent a cross-section of business, non-profit, education, and government organizations
- To develop a better understanding of what it means to be a community leader
- To develop a deeper understanding of economic and social challenges in the community
- To learn about assets and resources strengthening the community
- To create an environment where class members forge a strong bond and learn to approach challenges creatively using their collective talents and experiences
- Strengthens the organization’s connection and participation in community affairs
- Develops employees with increased organizational, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Gives companies new access to a network of community leaders and resources
- Increases name recognition for the sponsoring employer organization
- Gives companies new insights into the challenges and opportunities facing the greater Rochester region and offers insight on how businesses can help strengthen our community
- Develops a committed, knowledgeable group of people prepared to be effective community leaders
- Results in expanded community involvement by the participants
- Instills a greater appreciation for the current challenges and strengths of the community
- Encourages creative partnerships and initiatives between public & private sectors
For a complete look at our signature program history and outline, please see the program overview guide.
Nominate a Candidate
Nominations are accepted year round. Email us.
Include the person’s name, email, and reasons they should be considered.
Ready to Apply
Individuals are invited to apply. You do not need to wait for nomination before applying. Nominations or letters of recommendation are encouraged. This year is full and underway. Application for next year’s 2022-2023 will open March 1