The Leadership Rochester Signature Program is dedicated to creating a legacy of leaders to grow and positively impact the greater Rochester region. We go above and beyond personal leadership development with a thoughtfully curated curriculum that delves into the core issues affecting our community.
Each year, after an extensive application and interview process, we invite approximately 35-45 people to participate in our tuition-based, signature program. The classes represent a diverse cross-section of our community, both personally and professionally, all of which are driven to create meaningful change.
The Leadership Rochester Experience
Every month the group gathers for an immersive experience on topical community issues ranging from education, economic development, diversity and equity to health care and the justice system. Hands-on activities change monthly, as does the roster of relevant community leaders that offer their insights on a 360-degree view of the topic at hand.
Participants also engage in additional experiences that enhance the overall impact of the program. These include such things as court visits, meetings with local officials, class team meetings, class service events and projects, community networking events, etc.
Traditionally our yearly cohorts gather from September – June. However, due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, large gatherings may not be possible this fall. As such, we have pushed back the start of our program to January and it will now run through October 2021. As the situation is constantly evolving, the following dates are tentatively scheduled.
LR2022 Program Dates
November 11-12, 2021
December 10, 2021
January 14, 2022
February 11, 2022
March 11, 2022
April 1, 2022
May 13, 2022
June 2&3, 2022
The Benefits of Leadership Rochester
- To engage and cultivate civic leadership in those who represent a cross-section of business, non-profit, education, and government organizations
- To develop a better understanding of what it means to be a community leader
- To develop a deeper understanding of economic and social challenges in the community
- To learn about assets and resources strengthening the community
- To create an environment where class members forge a strong bond and learn to approach challenges creatively using their collective talents and experiences
- Strengthens the organization’s connection and participation in community affairs
- Develops employees with increased organizational, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Gives companies new access to a network of community leaders and resources
- Increases name recognition for the sponsoring employer organization
- Gives companies new insights into the challenges and opportunities facing the greater Rochester region and offers insight on how businesses can help strengthen our community
- Develops a committed, knowledgeable group of people prepared to be effective community leaders
- Results in expanded community involvement by the participants
- Instills a greater appreciation for the current challenges and strengths of the community
- Encourages creative partnerships and initiatives between public & private sectors
For a complete, detailed look at our signature program, download the program guide.
NOMINATE / APPLY
Do know someone who would be an asset to our program? Email us your nomination. Include the person’s name, email, and reasons they should be part of the program.
Individuals are invited to apply. You do not need to wait for nomination before applying. Nominations or letters of recommendation are encouraged.
Apply early. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis beginning in June. Due date August 15, 2021 or when full.