Emerging Leaders Teen Program
2022 SPRING COHORT – Decisions in progress
Leadership Rochester fosters a deeper understanding of our community and provides leadership development for a diverse cross-section of local leaders. Modeled off the success of its Signature Adult Program, this Emerging Leaders program will establish a cohort of 15-25 high school students and bring them together for seven program sessions. Teens build leadership skills while connecting directly with a wide range of leaders across greater Rochester.
Participants learn to identify concrete ways they can positively engage as youth leaders in their communities. Program sessions will be hosted at downtown at near the Liberty Pole at the RIT Center for Urban Entrepreneurship (Franklin Street). Students may then take adult led walking tours to visit key different sites across downtown. Experiential locations and community speakers help students actively expand their awareness and connection to Rochester.
- Develop relationships among a diverse group of local youth
- Connect with Rochester’s local neighborhoods and history.
- Provide applied education experiences and dialogue on timely topics and issues affecting the Greater Rochester area.
- Equip youth with leadership competencies and skills that can help empower them to positively affect change in their community.
- Connect students to opportunities to further their leadership, career and educational goals while building an civic engagement ethic.
- Students in grades 9 – 12 in the greater Rochester region
- Attending an urban, suburban, private, parochial, or home school
- Have leadership potential (but may not yet have held leadership positions.)
- Open to strengthening themselves and their community through personal leadership development and service to others.
Annual Program Calendar (Three Cohorts Available: Fall, Winter, Spring)
Spring 2022 Cohort
- Tuesday Evenings 4:30 – 7:00 pm
- April 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Host Location:
- RIT Center for Urban Entrepreneurship (Downtown Rochester)
- 40 Franklin St Rochester NY 14604
Past Fall and Winter Cohorts (Completed for this Academic Year)
- Session 1: Fall Cohort: Wednesdays October 13, 20, 27 and November 3, 10, and 17, 2021
- Session 2: Winter Cohort: Wednesdays January 12, 19, 26 and Feb 2, 9, 16, 2022
- Past Host Location – Rochester Central Library, Kate Gleason Auditorium 115 South Ave
Past Collaborative Partners
- Monroe County
- Monroe County Legislature
- Monroe County Sherriff’s Office
- The City of Rochester
- Rochester City Council
- Rochester Central Library
- Children Awaiting Parents
- Susan B Anthony House
- Rochester Police Department
- Rochester City School District
- Monroe County Urban Suburban Program
- Gallina Development
- Hillside Work Scholarship Connection
- Rochester Central Library
- RGE Avangrid
- St Marks and St Johns Episcopal Church
Are you a student interested in joining the program? Applications are now closed for the spring cohort. Check back with us in September for the next opportunity.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Program Dates
Tuesday Evenings 4:30 – 7:00 pm
April 26, 2022
May 3, 2022
May 10, 2022
May 17, 2022
May 24, 2022
May 31, 2022
ESL Leadership Rochester Alumni
Ready to Apply?
Applications are currently closed for our spring cohort. Decisions are in progress.
APPLICATIONS WILL REOPEN IN SEPTEMBER FOR OUR FALL COHORT